Why use Royal Mail’s Special Delivery Guaranteed ?
Royal Mail is the designated universal postal service provider of the United Kingdom, supporting customers, businesses and communities across the country. It is the only company capable of providing a “goes anywhere” service six days a week on a range of letters and parcels to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
“Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed’ offers delivery on time that is at 9 am or 1 pm the next day with tracking and signature included in the delivery. Saturday delivery is available at an extra cost.
When do you want your package to arrive there?
- Before 9 am – guaranteed delivery of parcels (up to 2 kg) before 9am at the next business day, with a lump sum indemnity of up to £ 750 in case of loss or damage
- At 1 pm – guaranteed delivery of parcels (up to 10 kg) by 1 pm on the next business day, with a lump sum indemnity of up to £ 750 in case of loss or damage
- Saturday Delivery – Postal Agencies will accept your items on Fridays for Saturday delivery at an additional charge.
- If you sell online on royalmail.com, impress your customers by sending them their parcels the next day.
- Secure network for even safer delivery
- Track & Trace: from the moment your package leaves your hands until it reaches its destination
You can also benefit from:
- Signed for : Display the signature online or via your mobile phone, just 10 minutes after delivery of your item.
- If the money is not delivered on time, your money will be refunded
Choose when you want your items delivered with Special Guaranteed Delivery by opting for either a special guaranteed delivery. The guaranteed special delivery is the flagship product of Royal Mail among its range of courier and parcel services, designed to ensure that mail is processed and delivered in the safest and most secure manner possible. Primarily used for urgent and valuable items, Special Delivery Guaranteed is recognized as one of the best secure delivery products on the market.
Royal Mail has recently upgraded its premium service to make it more accessible to customers. Customers can now book online e-mail services at any time of the day or night, without having to create an account. The company has also recently increased the flexibility and convenience of its international products by offering network acceptance seven days a week, including 7 pm on Saturdays and 4 pm on Sundays.
What if your item is lost or damaged?
Like UPS, the quality of service by Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed is always excellent; but in the rare event that something goes wrong, you receive compensation for a lost or damaged item. You will need to provide your registration certificate and proof of the value of the item sent. Make sure you get it back when you post your article.
Registered delivery and special delivery are two terms used by Royal Mail Service in the United Kingdom. They differ from normal post in the sense that they deliver the post urgently for valuables. Although they sound similar, there are fine differences between the two. You must use one or the other according to your needs. In general, the special delivery is faster than the registered delivery, but it costs more.